Monday, March 24

Review: GlamGlow Youthmud Tingleexfoliate Treatment

Wearing makeup daily can cause skin congestion over time, even if you properly remove it at the end of the day. My skin is mostly congested in my t-zone and the chin area. I've read so many great reviews of GlamGlow's facial mud masks that I had to try it for myself. I opted for the Youthmud as the sales assistant recommended I start with Youthmud and progress to the Supermud if needed.



I've always like the idea of mud masks and have tried at least a dozen different ones, from drugstore to high-end. I've found a few which I do like but haven't found "the one" until I discovered this little gem, which has quickly gained HG status in my beauty cabinet. 

It was like love at first sight. I wanted to rave about it from the first time I used but wanted to make sure I would give it a good use before reviewing. 

How I use it? 

I currently use this mask on a once weekly basis. My tip, follow the instructions carefully on this one. I use a spatula to loosen and mix the product before each use. I initially applied it to a clean face using my fingers but found that a brush did a better job. I leave it on for 10-15 minutes until the mask is dry and remove it using cool water, gently massaging in a circular motion.

Results

The first time I used this mask I was quite shocked at the results. My first reaction was OMG my pores look huge. Shortly I realized the mask did its job and the reason my pores were so visible was because all the gunk that was congested under my skin for all that time had washed away with the mask! With each use I could see an improvement in skin clarity and my pores are looking less visible. 

This mask did cause crazy tingling which was almost a burning sensation but it went away after a minute. It didn't bother me too much as I could feel and see it working. My skin wasn't irritated or left with any redness afterwards either. I will start using it twice weekly as recommended. I only started with once a week as I was scared it was too harsh to use too often but I am absolutely loving this mask and it hasn't caused any problems. 

Would I repurchase?

Yes. I would definitely repurchase this mask. I am now eager to try the Supermud version as well.


Love, Like, Dislike or Dump? Love!
  

2 comments:

  1. This seriously sounds awesome! My pores are getting really visible now and I'm pretty sure it's to do with congestion. I'm on the market for a cleansing mud mask so I'll definitely look out for this one! Did you find it drying at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely adore it! I didn't find it drying on my combination skin. Not sure how it will go on dry skin though. It does say that its recommended on all skin types. Best if you grab a sample or the smaller size just in case. They also just released ThirstyMud but I believe it's more of a hydration mask.

      Delete